Originally posted 2016-02-01 12:00:20.
Since my oven is still out of commission I’ve been on the hunt for slow cooker recipes to keep us going and use the food that I had all planned out nicely for oven cooking!
So meal #1 in the slow cooker was this one: Creamy Chicken & Rice
- 4-5 large chicken breasts (mine were still frozen)
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup, low-sodium
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups Baby Carrots
- 3 celery stalks, cup into chunks (not diced) (skipped cus I didn’t have any)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 ts Paprika
- 1/2 TB minced garlic
- 2 ts Garlic salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- A dash of dill weed (also skipped)
- 1 cup instant Brown Rice (used white)
It’s pretty straight forward, which I really like! Basically chicken in the bottom and dump the rest on top. Now she puts the rice in without cooking it first, and I have some crock pot fans for friends and they always complain about the rice, so I thought I’d be tricky and cook the rice first. Just to make sure it was nice, buuut that made my meal runny in the end haha It was super yummy and we’ll likely do something similar again this week while we wait for oven parts to come in. I won’t lie, I can’t wait to get my oven back!