Originally posted 2015-03-18 17:00:40.
- During a boss encounter, all combat resurrection spells now share a single raid-wide pool of charges that’s visible on the action bar button.
- Upon engaging a boss, all combat resurrection spells will have their cooldowns reset and begin with 1 charge. Charges will accumulate at a rate of 1 per (90/RaidSize) minutes.
- Example 1: A 10-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 9 minutes (90/10 = 9).
- Example 2: A 20-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 4.5 minutes (90/20 = 4.5).
- A charge will only be deducted when a combat resurrection is successful (when the target accepts the resurrection).
- Raid frames now show a debuff indicating that a dead player has a pending combat resurrection available.
- Outside of raid boss encounters, combat resurrection spells retain their normal cooldown behavior.
I believe this works very well with the current raid style though I have seen some disagree, mostly when they are lying on the ground dead from fire. There are some still who I think do not understand that there are a limited number of rezzes available, at least when I am in LFR. With this new rule, this will make many who have the ability to rez rethink who they are going to rez. Will you rez the 10k DPS who died because they stood in fire, the healer whose HPS is below a tanks, or the tank that is taking way too much damage for the fight? Or will you wait to see if someone who is a better choice dies before you rez? These are now questions that we will now have to ask ourselves in combat. Plus we will have to ignore all the “REZ PLS” and “SOMEONE BR ME” that we see yelled in chat during LFR. It seems for Normal and above raids, this job of picking will now fall onto the Raid Leader. They will be the ones who will need to make the tough choices on the fly.
Here is a fun little flow chart to help you get in the Battle Rezzing mindset! Click on it to make it bigger and not so squished!
(Angry Tree Image from Murloc Parliament)
How do you pick who you will rez? Does your raid leader dictate who and when someone will be rezzed?